This weekend we were invited to a birthday party for a little boy in our church. Brooklyn is all about some birthday parties because she knows that means....cake and ice-cream!
Side note: Jeremy didn't get to go because he was working on a paper that was due by midnight. He had been working on it since 1:00 that afternoon. I will be so glad when he gets done with school. It consumes so much of his time that should be family time. However, I know it will be worth it when he completes the degree. He is hoping to be done by the spring of 2011. He has 4 classes left!
Sunday was homecoming at our church, and it was a good day. There seemed to be more people this year than I have ever remembered on Homecoming. We had a big meal afterwards in a very hot gym, and I was glad to get my sweaty clothes off when I got back home. We didn't have church on Sunday night, so we met some friends at the park. It was a fun time!
Sunday was also an eventful day for my family. My sister, Danielle and her husband, Mark, announced to their church that they will be moving to Castle Rock, CO to help plant a new church. Mark has been pastoring in Red Bay for 4 years, and I know it is somewhat bittersweet. That church has a lot of sweet people in it and they also lived just an hour and a half from my parents. So it will be a little different for my parents as well, but my Dad has always said, "I'd rather them live across the world doing the will of God than living next door to me and out of the will of God." He may regret saying that now since both of his girls will be living on opposite sides of the country, but I somewhat doubt that he does. :-) I'm thankful for the way my parents brought us up. Because of their prayers and leadership we are who we are today! (Not that we're anything special, but I think we turned out okay. :-) I think Mark and Danielle will do a great job in Castle Rock, and they will be joining a good team: Donnie and Susan Burke. They will start raising support very soon. So if your church is interested in having them for a service, let me know, and I can give you their contact information. Please be in prayer for them. I'm excited to see how God uses them!
Hi Beth, This is Ms. Drudie. I've been reading your blog now for awhile. You have such a cute little girl. It sounds like a wonderful thing that Danielle and her husband will be doing in Co. Don't know if you knew that Jim(my husband) passed away. He's been gone 3yrs. It's been very hard without him. I would love to see you if you come to Tenn. sometime.
ReplyDeleteMy E-mail is Dhughes1942@yahoo.com. Drop me aline.
Love,
Ms. Drudie
I'm so glad you have a blog!
ReplyDeleteI love Brooklyn's shirt...rockin'!
I just saw Danielle's facebook status. Wow! That is exciting and will be hard for them at the same time to leave family/friends. What a wonderful example they are setting for their boys...that sometimes you have to leave what is comfortable. You do have a wonderful family Beth.
I love you friend. You mean a lot to me!