Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rebellious Streak

This week is Spring Break for Brooklyn.  I was really excited because I didn't have to babysit on Monday and Tuesday.  I thought we would be able to enjoy those two days together, and just have a great Mother-daughter time.  I thought wrong! On Saturday night, she came down with a fever.  The fever stayed off and on until Tuesday.  I knew she wasn't feeling well when she asked to leave the park on Monday. However, she didn't start running a fever again until Tuesday evening after her nap. I decided to take her to the night-clinic, and she did in fact have an ear infection.  I felt so bad that I didn't take her sooner, but I've taken her so many times to hear them say, "It's viral"....which means, we can't do anything for her. Oh well, at least we have the anitbiotics now, and hopefully, she is now on the mend.  Her behavior has been terrible this week as well, and I'm hoping that is a result of the ear infection. However, I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I remember in one of my Beth Moore Bible studies (Breaking Free) that so many times we inherit traits from our parents. Unfortunately, I have a rebellious streak, and I'm afraid that Brooklyn may have inherited that. I've softened up a lot, and pray that she does earlier than I did.  I guess that old saying, "You reap what you sow" is coming back tenfold to me.  Here's some examples of behavior this week:
Me:  Don't write on the table with the markers.
Brooklyn: But I can!

Me: Don't put the marker in your mouth.
The repsonse: She put the marker in her mouth.

Direct disobedience and pure rebellion! Lord, please help us all!!!!!! (I'm not joking when I say that either!)

On a sweet note about Brooklyn:   she stayed in church with me Sunday morning, since she had a fever.  While singing, "God of the Ages", I had my hand uplifted with eyes closed. (Love that song by the way.) For some reason, I happened to open my eyes and look down at her. When I did, she had both hands raised and was singing to the top of her lungs.  I almost burst into tears.  It was one of the sweetest sights I have ever seen! I can't imagine how God must have felt seeing her hands uplifted to Him, and that sweet little voice singing His praises! When we got home, we were watching an old VBS DVD. She said, "Look, Momma, they have their hands lifted to Jesus, like I did and you did, and Daddy did." Several people came up to me after church and said that they lost it when she started lifting her hands. They said they couldn't sing the rest of the song because they were crying from being blessed by Brooklyn.  Of course that made my heart smile, and was reminded of the prayer that I pray every night before she goes to bed.  I pray that God will help her to be a blessing to all those that she is around, and I believe she was on Sunday.  I also pray that she will have an obedient spirit, and I'm still in the waiting on that one.  :-)  Oh well, I'm thankful for our little blessing, and praise Him for giving her to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment