Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Snowed/Iced In

(I know that Brooklyn's pants are too short, but someone gave us that snow suit, and it is perfect for the snow weather. I'd really like to buy her another one.)
So this past Saturday, we received almost 3 inches of snow/ice. It wasn't very good to play in b/c it was basically just like an ice-skating rink. I almost busted it several times. We really need to invest in a sled b/c we used a cardboard to sled down our drive-way. I was kind of nervous using it though b/c I knew if Brooklyn fell off that it was going to really hurt b/c it was a solid piece of ice. Snow is much better b/c it is soft and fluffy. I think they are calling for some more freezing rain this Friday. We've already had such a cold winter. I know some people think I'm crazy, but I'd really like to have one more big snow. I like being snowed in. It's peaceful and relaxing to me. Now, I wouldn't want to be snowed or iced in for 7 days like I was when I lived in TN. That was way too long, but 2 or 3 days is nice. My camera has been acting up again. So my pictures are very limited.
Sunday was a nice day. Church was canceled, and Jeremy and I decided to watch Thomas Road Baptist Church online while Brooklyn took her nap. The worship was so powerful and inspirational, and we really enjoyed participating in the worship even though it was online. :) I've never really listened to Jonathan Falwell. (To be honest, I figured he was probably like his Dad, and his Dad tended to be somewhat boring to me. I think he was a great man, but everyone has their own preferences on preaching styles, etc. So I chose not to listen to him unless I had to.) So I had planned on listening to a sermon from Rob Morgan that Joni suggested. But we started listening to Jonathan Falwell, and I didn't want to turn it off. He spoke on prayer, and it was exactly what we needed to hear. Jeremy and I had on our own alter call after it was over. I was so thankful that God allowed us to be snowed in b/c He knew that Jeremy and I needed that sermon, and I praise Him for it!

1 comment:

  1. They sell sleds at Walmart (and Bo says orange juice too:) Only people from Alabama would sled on cardboard! Ice skating brings back some memories for me as well of a certain youth group and my husband and a horrible fall! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete