Sunday, April 11, 2010

California

The view from our room in L.A.


Well, our trip has come and gone, and now it is back to reality! I can't remember if I said in an earlier post, but we went to L.A. for a church music conference. The conference started on Monday at 2:00 p.m. and went to Thursday at 11:00 a.m. It was a good conference, and I feel that we both learned some very helpful things. Jeremy also met some people that he hopes to have at our church sometime to challenge our choir and vocalist. Jeremy has attended these kinds of conferences for many years, but I've never had the chance to go with him. So this was a treat for me, and I enjoyed it. We left Brooklyn with my family for the week, and she made it just great. I'm so thankful that she didn't cry when I left her. It was such a quick transition that I don't think she really realized what had happened. They kept her busy the whole week, and spoiled her rotten. I'm so glad that she got to stay with them. My parents brought her back to us on our layover in Memphis, and I think she was having a hard time trying to decide whether she should go with us or stay with them. As we started down the terminal, Brooklyn turned around and started to run back to them. I called her back to us and she came back. She waved at them and smiled. When we landed in RDU, she said, " I want Mimi and Poppa." I told her that we would see them in July. I'm so glad that she loves them so much, and thankful that she had such a good time at my sister's house as well. My nephew Ethan was calling her, "pumpkin". (He is an adult in a child's body.) :) I think it was a great time for all. I have more stories to tell from CA, but I will save for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment