Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What's Going On...

We took this picture of ourselves b/c Brooklyn insisted that we needed to take a pic for some reason!
Brooklyn likes to hide in our closet...

We have been busy as usual. This past weekend we hosted LU Praise at our church. (A 27 voice choir from Liberty University.) They were amazing, powerful, energetic and so passionate in their worship! Our church thoroughly enjoyed them. It kind of made me think of what heaven might be like. There were members in the choir from Africa, Puerto Rico, the Bahamas, etc. They worshiped the Lord unashamedly and their songs were so exalting! In fact, their songs reminded me somewhat of The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.

God is doing a mighty work in our church, and it is exciting to be a part of it. Jeremy was able to lead a guy to the Lord that sold him a suit a few years ago. Jeremy has been meeting with him once a week, and he is doing great! He's very eager to do the right thing and grow, which is so exciting and encouraging!

A few months ago, we lost our drummer b/c he started another ministry that required him to be gone on Sundays. We began to pray for another good drummer, that was humble. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a couple that I hadn't ever seen before. After church, he talked with Jeremy and in their conversation, he mentioned that he played the drums. Jeremy met with him the next week and said that he was such a humble man....and very good! He played this Sunday for the first time! What a blessing it was to look over there and see him playing!

Brooklyn is doing well. I think she is growing out of her afternoon nap, which makes me kind of sad and the days seem longer. :) Some days, I still make her lay down and "rest" b/c I need a break and so does she! Thankfully, her behavior has been so much better lately. She is going through some separation anxiety, which has been kind of difficult, but she gets over it in about 5 minutes or so. My Mom said that I did the same thing when I turned four years old. She said that she used to make my Dad take me to school, because she couldn't stand to leave me crying. :) Hopefully, Brooklyn will be done with the separation anxiety by August. We are leaving for California on Monday, and we are meeting my family on our layover in Memphis for them to take Brooklyn. I'm excited but nervous at the same time. I'm praying that she will do well. I feel that she will once she gets there, but I'm gonna miss her terribly. A prayer might need to be said for all of us on Monday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment