Friday, February 25, 2011

Feb. 8 & Disney World

On February 8, we celebrated Brooklyn's 5th birthday. She wanted a "princess cake" so this is what she got. My friend, Amber, who owns Your Perfect Cake made it for us. We thought it turned out really cute and of course it was very tasty!! My camera was really messing up on her b'day. So I only got a few pics,and then when I downloaded them, they didn't download right. I lost all of them except this one b/c I chose to delete my photos after downloading. Guess I wont choose that option anymore.
On February 11, we left for Disney. We had to be at the airport at 6:15 a.m., which meant we left our hotel at 5:50a.m. Another lesson learned: I will not schedule anymore early flights with Brooklyn. We did an early flight when we flew to CA, and it was terrible then too. So if I have to pay a few more dollars, I may just do it because it was terrible! Brooklyn is so not a morning person, and neither are we. However, she expressed it really well, and everyone around us knew it too! The rest of the day she was so moody. Well, pretty much the rest of the week, she was moody due to exhaustion. Overall though, we had a great time despite her extreme moodiness, fits, and to top it off on the last night-- a 24 hour stomach virus! :-)

Some of Brooklyn's favorites at Disney World:

**Meeting the Characters- especially Snow White, the Little Einsteins, Donald Duck, Mickey & Minnie Mouse
**Riding Roller Coasters- Big Thunder Mountain, Soarin', Test Track, Barnstormer (The Barnstormer was the only "baby" roller-coaster.) My favorite story about the roller coasters: We just finished riding Big Thunder Mountain, still sitting in the seat, Brooklyn says, "Momma, did you hear that?" I said, "No". She said, "I pooted." My sister and her husband were sitting in front of us, and they died laughing! It was hilarious! Guess it scared the "poot" out of her, but she loved it! :-)

A beautiful sunset at Epcot!

Feeding Nemo
I'll post some more pics and more stories later. I just don't have enough time right now. I will say that one of the best parts was just being with my whole family! I'm so glad that my parents got to go and see their grandchildren at Disney World! I must say that grandchildren do strange things to grandparents because my Mom would never ride anything but the log water ride growing up. I'll have you know that she and my Dad rode "big" roller coasters at Disney World! I hope that I'm still riding roller coasters when I become a grandparent! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking forward to hearing about your trip. Sounds like fun (for the most part:) DW is exhausting! Glad Danny and Kaye had fun too. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete