Brooklyn's first day of school was August 25th. Only the girls went on August 25th, and the boys went on August 26th. They were all supposed to go today, but due to the aftermath of Hurricane Irene, school was canceled today and tomorrow. Brooklyn asked me, "Am I never going back to school anymore?"
Well, the first day seemed to go "okay". She was excited, and when she returned home, she still seemed to be excited. However, after her "reward" snack for being good (b/c she told me she was good...no report from her teacher).... She later confesses that she didn't obey her teacher and had to sit in the "thinking chair" in the corner. I think she thought it was kind of cool because she said, "Do you know what color it was?" I quickly told her that I didn't care what color the chair was, and she was in big trouble. After a long talk and some disciplining, she was very sorry that she didn't obey and apologized. Hopefully, this wont happen again. I couldn't believe she got in trouble on the first day. However, more than one of my family members have already said to me, "Well, you reap what you sow." I am so afraid that this statement is true, and it really does scare me! I've really got to start praying harder, and I'm not joking at all when I say this! If you think about it, please say a prayer for Brooklyn. She is very strong-willed and likes to test the waters--so to speak. She also has to receive speech therapy due to a language delay, and I worry that she will become discouraged/frustrated rather quickly. I've been praying that she will make huge strides this year, as she did last year! Brooklyn is really smart. She has an amazing memory, and I think she will be an "A" student in music class for sure....that is if she stays out of "thinking chair." :-)




The most beautiful little girl in the world, and I love her so much!!! I know how smart she is and she is going to do great this year! Mimi is praying for her every day. Love you, Brooklyn. Mimi
ReplyDeleteLove her backpack! She will turn out fine:) You did!!
ReplyDeleteOh, Beth, that made me laugh! William has had his share of issues as well. I kind of love the idea of a thinking chair though, maybe I need to institute that idea at home. I am sure that she will be fine. how are you doing?
ReplyDelete