Tuesday, December 6, 2011

a BIG change....

I left the blogging world for awhile because I just didn't want to take the time to write. However, I feel like I need to give an update to my few followers on what is going on with our lives. I really don't even know where to start, but God has led us to a new ministry at Rejoice Church in Owasso, Oklahoma. We are....nervous, scared, excited, nervous, scared...oh yeah, I already said "nervous and scared"!!  :)  God has definitely led us to this point, and we are excited to do His will. There are so many unknowns right now that it is very nerve wracking. We need to sell our house ASAP, or else we may be living on the streets in OK.  We can't secure a place to live b/c we can't afford to make 2 mortgage/rent payments, plus utilities, etc. So if you can remember, please pray that we will sell our house soon! We know that God has called us there. So we believe that He is going to do something supernaturally, and we will give Him all the glory!

We have shed so many tears lately because it wasn't an easy decision. In fact, we had no reason to leave. Our flesh wanted to stay, but the Spirit was leading us to go. Brooklyn asked me one day why I was crying. I told her because my heart hurts. She began to pray that God would help my heart not to hurt anymore.  :) I'm thankful that she has a tender heart and that she is always ready to pray for someone, who is hurting.


She was saying, "cheese". She thinks she has to yell it and squint her eyebrows! :)


I really shouldn't even be taking the time to blog right now, but from here on out, life is going to be busier than ever. So I thought I would take the time to update tonight. We have three musicals coming up in the next few weeks at church, which means additional rehearsals, etc. We need to pack our house up, keep it continually clean in case someone wants to look at it, find a moving company, go to AL for a week at Christmas (which I'm really looking forward to), and finish up 2011 by packing up the rest of our house. We will move that first week in January. Please also pray that Brooklyn will transition well into her new school and church. She has moments where she doesn't want to go (and she is very vocal about it), and then there are other times when she wants to know when we are going to our "new" church. I have a feeling that she will probably transition better than me. :)


We are leaving some great friends. In fact, we are leaving some of our very best friends, Beth and Ti Barnhill, but we look forward to celebrating our 10 year anniversary in Hawaii with them next summer! It has truly been a blessing to be able to serve with them in a ministry for 5 and a half years, and I'm really sad that it has to end. God has great things in store for Temple Church, and I look forward to seeing how God continues to use them for His glory!


Despite the fact that I'm leaving one of my best friends from college, it is comforting to know that I have two friends from college that live in the area that I'm moving to. Becky Derby attends Rejoice, and I'm excited to be able to spend time with her again. And my friend, Allison, lives about 30 minutes from Owasso. So I'm totally excited about that as well. God gives and takes away, and I choose to say, "Lord, Blessed Be Your Name!" 







3 comments:

  1. Beth, I'm sure you and Josh have made the right choice to move. God has his callings and he called you all. It won't be easy but you all are young and can make the adjustment better than than ole folks like ME. Have a wonderful Christmas with the family. I'll keep you in my prayers.
    Love, Ms. Drudie ps.. you have such a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, I am praying every day for you and your family and for your house to sell QUICKLY!! I am very excited about you guys moving here and going to the same church with you again. I know that so much needs to happen and quickly, praying that these next few weeks go smoothly and that all the details fall into place and you will be able to see His hand very clearly. love to you and can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for you more during the month of December! I know it will be busy and with lots of emotions. Excited to see how the Lord is going to use you three in Oklahoma! Love you. Wish I was closer to help you pack!!

    ReplyDelete