Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WE ARE IN OKLAHOMA!

WOW!  I can't believe that we now live in Oklahoma! It's still kind of surreal to me, but it's amazing how God has given us peace in an unfamiliar place! I guess I will kind of re-cap the last month or so because it has been wild and hectic!

In December--we went to my parent's house in Alabama for Christmas, and we had such a great time. I was sad to see it end! I was so glad that my sister and her family were able to be there as well.

When we returned home, we had to pack up the rest of our stuff to get ready to move. I was overwhelmed at the help that we received from so many of our friends. My sweet friend, Tammy Haddock, and her daughter, packed up my entire kitchen while we were in Alabama! What a huge blessing! Tammy has been such a blessing to my family.  One fear that I had in moving to Oklahoma is that I wont have another "Tammy Haddock" in my life. She loved Brooklyn as if she were her own, and I knew that I could call her at anytime and she would be there to help me. She and her husband were an unbelievable help to us during our whole move and while we lived in Greenville! I will forever be indebted to them for loving us and making us feel so special!
 

In January--we had our last service at Temple Church and said "goodbye" to many friends. It was a very sad and emotional day! On January 2nd, we loaded the truck, and on January 3rd we said "goodbye" to our best friends--EXTREMELY sad day.



We drove to Asheville, NC that night and I cried off and on the whole way there! As we made our trek across the country, we stopped off at different places. We stopped in Nashville to visit Jeremy's sister, Joni, and her family.  It was  a really good time of relaxation and processing (if that makes sense)  what just happened! Then we drove to Conway, AR, spent the night in a hotel and drove on into Tulsa on that Saturday.  We are living with some friends, Josh and Allison Riggs, until we close on our house.  (Yes, our house is under contract and we are supposed to close on Feb. 28th.  Amazed at God's goodness!!!)  Thankfully, Josh and Allison have a mother-in-law suite and we  are staying here until everything goes through with our house.  It has been such a blessing for us because there was no way that we could make a mortgage payment, plus rent.  I've started praying that God would bless Josh and Allison because they have been such a blessing to us. Last night, Josh found some Christmas cards that he hadn't opened and he found some money in one of the cards! Praise God for answering my prayers! Amazed again at God's goodness!!
I wish I had the time to describe all of what God has been teaching me lately, but probably the main thing is that "We walk by faith and not by sight."  This statement has truly become a reality to me since we hadn't ever "physically" even been to Owasso, OK and not knowing how long it would take our house to sell. God has been so gracious and good. We were also concerned about our finances because they pay once a month, and our check wasn't going to come until the end of the month.  We've been amazed at how God has sustained us this month.  There is no doubt in my mind that when you do His will, walk by faith, He will supply ALL  of our needs according to His riches in glory!!!

2 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how crazy this ride has been for you guys. I also can't describe how thankful I am for you to be here and to be able to renew our friendship. Just seeing you in class tonight and knowing our shared history, it is an encouragement to me. I am so thankful for the way God is providing for you, and how He is blessing your faithfulness. Please let me know what I can do to help you transition, I really want to do what I can. We need coffee again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to see how God is working in your lives!!! He is so GOOD! We miss you all, terribly. But I'm thankful for things like phone calls, blogs & facebook to keep us connected. We are always praying for you and love you all very much!!

    ReplyDelete