Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fun Times

This weekend has been so busy, but yet fun. Yesterday, I ended up babysitting and Jeremy wrote a paper. He finished writing the rough draft at 5:30, and we decided to grab a bite to eat since Brooklyn was declaring that she needed some hush puppies. We went to a locally owned restaurant around here that has some pretty good hushpuppies. As soon as you sit down, they give each person a little tray with 3-4 hushpuppies in it. Brooklyn had hers eaten in no time, and we weren't very far behind her. The waiter came by and asked if we would like some more, Jeremy told him that would be great. As soon as he started walking away Brooklyn said, "That's a sweet man!" I laughed so hard out loud that I felt people looking at me. It was so funny to me. She thought he was sweet since he was going to bring her some more hushpuppies. She ate so many that she told me that her tummy hurt. However, that didn't stop her from wanting to go to KK for a donut. After all of that, we got home in time for me to proof read Jeremy's paper, he read through it one more time and then got it submitted just in time. (I think he works better under pressure.)
We found out late last night that a guy in our church wasn't going to be able to go the ECU game today so he offered us the tickets. I called my good friend, Allison, and she kept Brooklyn for us. So it was nice date for us, but we had to leave the game early to go to a dinner at church..... but thankful for a little time together.
Looking forward to next week cause we have some family coming into town. Joni and Heath (my sister and brother-in-law) are coming on Tues. It is always so nice to have family come visit us b/c we live so far away from everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Your story makes me want some hushpuppies! :) I'm glad you got to go to the game. We've been wanting to go to one. Hope you enjoy having Joni and Heath with you!

    Thanks for your sweet comments. I'm glad my post was an encouragement to you. I don't usually pour out my heart on my blog like that but this time I felt like maybe someone else was feeling the same way and needed to hear it.

    We did know Casting Crowns is going to be in Raleigh, but we don't have tickets. We would really like to go and I'm hoping we'll get to...they're one of our favorites!!

    ReplyDelete