Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Catch-Up

Warning: This may be lengthy b/c I'm gonna try to catch up from the last few weeks.

  • Brooklyn got sick a week ago from Saturday. She started running a high fever for several days, and then the runny nose and cough came later. I really feel like Brooklyn had the flu, but the doctor didn't test her for it. The doctor said that even if she tested positive for the flu, she wouldn't be able to give her any medicine b/c they were only allowed to give it to children who had chronic conditions. So I have been dealing with a sick/irritable child for the past 7 days. She is doing much better, but she still has a nasty runny nose. Hopefully that will go away this week. I have felt so sorry for her!!!
  • This weekend, Brooklyn received an early Christmas present. We have been wanting to get her a swing set for a very long time, and I found one on Craig's list a few weeks ago. It is an older swing set from Lowes, but it is still in good/fair condition. We are gonna have to sand down some spots where she might could pick up a splinter, but other than that, we are very pleased with it. Jeremy says that he is gonna stain it to make it look newer as well, but we will see if he ever has time to do that. :)
  • So after Jeremy and several other guys got it set up on Saturday, we anxiously awaited for Brooklyn to wake up from her nap that afternoon. When she finally woke up, I ran and got the camera and told Jeremy to be ready. (Note: Brooklyn had been so irritable all day long, but I was hoping this would cheer her up.) I told her that she had an early Christmas present in the back yard--not much emotion shown from her. So I open the door, Jeremy is videoing, and she just stares at it. No screams, no smiles, just a blank stare. Jeremy said, "uh, we are gonna have to re-do this sometime when she is more awake and in a better mood." I laughed. However, when we asked her if she wanted to try it out, she said, "Yes", and took off running to it. So I'm posting a short little video of the run. :) By the way, when she started swinging, I didn't think she would ever get off. She probably swung for 20 minutes or more, and finally decided to try the slide. I think swinging is her next favorite thing to singing.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about Brooklyn. :( Sickness is TERRIBLE. Now YOU don't go and get sick too!
    And what fun...a swing/slide set! I think that is great to have in the backyard. I'm sure it cheered her up.
    Love you!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete