So I like Auburn football, but I like Duke basketball! Auburn has never had much of a basketball team to watch, and this year they haven't had much of a football team to watch! I still love it though. I became a Duke fan probably when I was in the 8th grade. I started playing basketball at that age and became very interested in the sport. I loved watching them play on TV. Back then they were REALLY good. Those were the days of Christian Laetner, Bobby Hurley, Brian Davis, and Grant Hill. They need some of those guys this year. Anyways, it was always a huge dream of mine to be able to go to a Duke basketball game. When we moved here to NC, I thought I might get a chance sometime, and I did about a year ago. Some friends of ours in our church asked us to go with them to a game. When we went that time, we stood on the first row of bleachers behind the opposing team. It was amazing. When you walk in Cameron, you almost get chills. Their is so much excitement and energy! Well, Sunday night, I received a text from the people that I babysit for. They were asking me if I wanted to go to the game on Monday night. I quickly responded, "Yes"! They gave us 4 tickets. So we asked the couple that gave us the tickets last time, to go with us. Isn't God good! I LOVED being able to do that for them, and it didn't cost me anything except gas. Anyways, not only did they give us the tickets, they let us borrow their parking pass, which was right beside Cameron. Unbelievable. We thought we were something! :) The seats were really good too. However, I don't really think there is a bad seat in that place.
I was a little down on Sunday, but isn't neat how God chooses to bless us??!! I chose to praise Him on Sunday even though it was hard, and He chose to bless me that night! You just can't out-give God!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment