Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ready to Go

These pictures have nothing to do with my post. Just thought they were pretty! :-)

One week from tomorrow we are leaving to go to my parent's house in Alabama. I don't think I've ever been this ready for a break. I'm just tired and ready for some rest and relaxation! I'm really ready to see my family. I've always thought that I would be the one living relatively close to my parents, but somehow I've ended up 15 hours away from them. It's okay, though 'cause this is where God wants us to be right now, and we are happy. The plan is to drive half of the way Friday afternoon (on the 19th), and then the rest on Saturday. We are also going to be able to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday on Monday, the 22nd. I'm so glad that I can be there to celebrate with him because I miss so many important days like that. We are hoping to go back through Nashville on the way home to see Joni (Jeremy's sister's) new baby. We will probably drive up on Friday, the 26th and then leave early the next morning to head back home to NC. We're not sure if we are going to get to see Joni and Heath at Christmas. (which is really sad to me b/c this will probably be the last Christmas that we would be able to be together as a family for 3 years-- since they are moving to Spain to become missionaries the fall of 2011.) So we're making this really short trip to Nashville on the way back home to ensure that we will be able to see the baby for a few hours. Joni is not only my sister-in-law, she is one of my best friends! So I'm really excited about this baby!! I'm sure that I'll have pictures to post from the trip to Alabama and of the baby in the next few weeks! Did I mention that I'm really ready to go and excited???!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are getting to go home for Thanksgiving. I hope ya'll have a safe trip and a wonderful time! Please tell your mom and dad we said hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're just looking forward to that dressing...I know you:) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad too that you get to go home for Thanksgiving! Surely Joni will have had the baby by the 26th!!! I was just thinking about her today and wondered how long past her due date they would let her go. Hope you have a wonderful trip! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete