I'm really too tired to be blogging, but I'm too wound up to go to sleep. I probably should watch a little Anne of Green Gables. That always helped me and my good friend, Brooke, to wind down after a long day! Anyways, I thought I would try to blog about my thoughts that I've had recently on the word, "Christmas.". Let me just forewarn you, it's not deep. I'm not a deep person. I'm pretty simple, and if it's not simple, I probably wont get it. :-) Here goes: It started out with Jeremy asking a question on Facebook that simply said, "What comes to your mind when someone uses X-mas?" He received all kinds of comments. It was a rather interesting discussion. Did you know that "X" in the Greek language means, "Christ"? One person said that is why they are okay with using X-mas. I wonder how many people really know that though. Anyways, I think in today's society, people abbreviate everything. That was another thing mentioned. I'm not saying that I agree with it, but I believe that their are many Christians who use X-mas. It's not a big deal to them, and I'm not going to argue with them about it. However, I choose to say, "Christmas" because that way, no one will have a doubt about my beliefs. More people just use it as an abbreviation, not as an indication that they don't believe in Christmas. I think that the way people try to take Christ out of Christmas now is by saying, "Happy Holidays." That is the politically correct thing to say now. What brought about this thought was Brooklyn's Christmas program at school. They taught the kids to sing, "We Wish You a Happy Holiday" instead of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas". How dumb is that???!!! They don't even realize that the word, "holiday" comes from "holy day". At the end of Brooklyn's program they all shouted, "Happy Holidays" to us, and I shouted back, "Merry Christmas". I couldn't believe I did it, but it just came out. :-) I could feel several heads turn and look at me, but I just kept on videoing, acting like nothing had happened. We borrowed our friend's cameras, but Jeremy hasn't downloaded them yet. It was hard to get any good pics of Brooklyn b/c she was standing in the back, but she did sing her little heart out. And of course, we were very proud parents! Our church's pre-school Christmas musical is this Sunday night, and we have 18 kids in it. I'm praying that all goes well, and that I don't lose my sanity! :-) Hopefully, I'll have pics to post soon, and BTW, "Merry Christmas"!!! :-)
You go girl! Merry Christmas right back at you. I would have loved to been there to hear you:)
ReplyDelete