Wednesday, January 19, 2011

contentment

I've been doing a lot of thinking about this word, "contentment", lately. Our pastor preached from I Timothy 6:6-10 this past week, and I must admit I was very convicted. I struggle so much with the issue of money. I tend to worry about how we are going to pay for things, etc. I must realize and remind myself of how God has been faithful to us in the past and present. We have never gone without, and we are so blessed! This sermon reminded me of a study that I did once on contentment. So, today, I went back and reviewed it. I'm glad that God is a gracious God and He gives second chances. I want to be like Paul as he wrote in Phil. 4:11, "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." "Whatever" is a big scary word to me because that could mean absolutely anything. However, Prov. 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the Lord with ALL thine heart and lead not unto thine own understanding, but in ALL thy ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." I believe if I trust Him, then that will help with the contentment part. Just thought I would share what has been on my mind lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment