Monday, January 24, 2011

Two Times to Duke



This week is gonna be a little crazy-- I need to give a little background first---

--First of all, our dryer broke last Saturday. Jeremy went out of town on Monday to take a group skiing. He didn't get a chance to look at the dryer until Friday, and I'm so proud of him that he actually figured out what it is. However, the part that needs to be replaced has to be ordered, and it will not be here until Thursday or Friday of this week. So, thankfully, we have some awesome friends, who have dried our clothes for us this past week. Looks like we will be using their dryer again this week until Jeremy gets the part. I didn't realize how much I use my dryer and how inconvenient it is to not have one in your own home. It makes me thankful for the small things.

Tomorrow, we have to take Brooklyn to Duke Eye Center in Durham, NC. She normally goes every six months because she has an intermittent lazy eye. The last time we went, they told us to stop patching her eye because it looked great. However, this December, we noticed her eyes starting to turn in, instead of out, like it did initially. It is still VERY intermittent, but it was enough to concern us. So I called right before Christmas, and tomorrow, was their next available time. If you think about it, please say a prayer for her and for the doctor to have wisdom. She normally does all right, but she does get impatient sometimes. I'm thankful that we live so close to Duke though. Our doctor here in Greenville told us that they were the best pediatric ophthalmologists in the world!

That will be our first trip to Duke this week. Our second trip to Duke will be to a Duke Basketball game on Thursday night!!!! To say I'm excited is an understatement! I love Duke basketball, and to be able to go to a game is an unbelievable experience!!

This weekend our church staff is going on a little retreat to New Bern, NC. So as I said before, this week is busy!!

This picture is just a quick reminder to pray for my sweet little girl tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I will say a prayer for you all. We know all about those pesky doctor's appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading this a day late :( so I hope everthing went well. Glad you get to go to a game AND a retreat in one week. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayed for Brooklyn. Love the picture of her and Bear:)

    ReplyDelete