You know sometimes I am more thankful for the privilege and power of prayer than at other times. I take it for granted way too often, and I'm ashamed of it. This week I've been reminded that there is so much power in prayer. All we have to do is ask! We may not always receive the answer that we want, but God will answer. His ways our not always our ways. (Their so much better.) God has been teaching me that this week.
One instance of answered prayer that I'm going to share happened today. I had to go to a family practioner doctor to become an "established patient". I think it rather stupid, but anyways, I went. I've seen the physician's assistant many times, and after seeing the doctor today, I think I'd just rather see the assistant. Anyways, I went, and it is basically like a physical. I had to fast after midnight and be there at 8:00 a.m. for them to draw blood. I don't get light-headed or anything like that, but I am a hard stick. I have tiny veins and they roll very easily.....thanks to my Mom and Grandmother! :) I prayed all night and this a.m. that the tech would be able to get it on the first try. Most of the time I leave with bruised arms and hands b/c they can't get it, and many times, they have to call for someone else to give it a try. (I make them work hard for their money) So I said all that to say, I walked in debating on whether to tell the nurse I was a hard stick, and they normally just get in my hand. I've had some nurses look at me like, "yeah, right" and then say, "Well, you were right!" I went with my gut feeling, and I just told her straight up. She was very kind, looked around and said, "I'm going to try for that little one in your hand. It's about all I see." I saw her reach for the tubes, so I knew that was a good sign. I asked her if she got it, and when she told me that she did, I said, "Praise the Lord!" She smiled at me and didn't say anything. She may have thought I was saying it flippantly, but I truly meant it. God had answered my prayer, and I was praising His name. I'm so thankful that God cares about the little things, and we can talk to Him about EVERYTHING!
Love you friend!
ReplyDelete