Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Singing Shopper

Today Brooklyn and I went shopping for some birthday gifts for Austin and Andrew. My friend, Allison is having a joint birthday party for them this year, and it happens to be this coming Saturday. Allison and I both agree that we would rather have clothes than toys. We are both very practical people. However, I may buy a small toy or book b/c what a drag for the kids to open up clothes. I always hated getting clothes for Christmas and Birthdays....until I got older. Anyways, so we were looking for boy's clothes. Okay, so I don't shop much for boy's clothes, and there really is a limited section for boys. In fact, Ross didn't even have any toddler boy clothes, but had a ton of girls. I would be very frustrated if I had a son. Leaving there empty handed, we decided to try TJ Maxx. They had more of a selection, but still not near as much as I thought they should. I ended up not getting anything b/c I want to check Old Navy out as well before I buy anything. As many of you know, I have to make sure I'm getting the best deal. :) Well, while we are browsing through the store, I stopped to look at some pictures. Side note: I really want to buy some new pics for my house. I feel that a lot of mine are already outdated, but as you know, the funds are low. So I keep wishing! Back to the story, as I was standing there, WISHING, Brooklyn spotted some letters and began to sing the alphabet song. It doesn't even phase me when she starts singing anymore b/c she does it all the time. As I started walking off, this lady smiled really big at me, and then I realized she was smiling b/c of Brooklyn's singing. The man coming towards her said, "She can sing that better me." That made me smile! I was just glad that she was singing and not throwing fits! I'm so glad that she loves to sing. She just loves music, and that is all there is to it. When we are riding in the car, if someone calls me and I have to turn the radio down, she begins shouting, "Turn it up" continuously. The girl loves some music, and I love her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment