When I was little, I used to have imaginary friends. I even played with a statue that sat on top of the piano. I named him, "George". He was a lot of fun to play with until I broke his neck off one day. My family stills makes fun of me for me wanting to play with him and for naming him, George. Where did George come from? Who knows? I had an imaginary friend named, "Chesser." I don't know where I came up with the names, but I truly had an imagination. I also loved paper dolls. It was my favorite thing to do as a child. I could still tell you a lot of their names as well. Paper dolls was a whole another world for me. I also had imaginary friends that played basketball with me. You may wonder if I had any friends. Yes, I had friends, but I had a BIG imagination! Why I am writing about this? Because I see my little girl doing the same things these days, and it makes me laugh. Here are some instances:
--She goes into the living room with her "friends" and sings, "Happy Birthday" to me and uses a plant for the cake.
--She sits down with a brochure, opens it up real fast, and says to her make-believe friends, "Have we got a show for you!" (She has heard that off one of her Sesame Street DVD's)
--This is the best one....Since I have been babysitting, I have a room set aside for Baby stuff (such as diapers, Pack-n-Play, changing pad, etc.) Brooklyn watches me change the babies diapers a lot. So now one of her favorite things to do is get a diaper and try to put it on Bear or George. Tonight, I was on the computer and I hear her saying, "Okay, there, there you go, let's wipe." I turned around, and she had a wet wipe and was wiping Curious George's bottom. I laughed out loud. I guess he had a "stinky". Then she put the diaper on him and laid him in the pack-in-play. While shutting the door, she said, "Take a good nap."
I know that I have said this before, but I LOVE that little girl so much! She brings so much joy to our lives! What a precious GIFT from God!!!
That's so cute Beth. I really love the part about you having a statue named George. :) Brooke
ReplyDelete