Monday, September 21, 2009

Sickness Strikes

As you can tell from the title, we have been stricken with sickness. I think it is just a cold. Brooklyn started getting a runny nose on Friday. By Saturday, I was feeling sick. Saturday night, Jeremy threw his back out, and began to get the runny nose as well. We (me, Jeremy, Ti & Beth) were scheduled to sing for the entire service on Sunday evening. We had practiced all week, and we practiced Sunday afternoon from 3-4:30. While I was sitting in choir practice, I realized my voice was completely gone. I walked out and drank some warm water, but I knew it wasn't coming back anytime soon. So I walked up to Jeremy during choir practice to tell him that my voice was gone. I don't think he really thought much about it till after choir practice. This was about 5:40. He looked at me and said, "So can you do it?" I tried to sing to him, and he automatically said, "Well, that's a NO." I'm glad that we have a good pastor. He ended up preaching and did a great job. We are supposed to be rescheduled, and I hope no one gets sick next time. I think the Lord has things like that happen for a reason, but I felt like an idiot. Nothing I could do about it, but I am feeling better today. However, still not much of a voice. I was glad that I didn't have to babysit today, and I don't have to babysit tomorrow either. So that will be a nice break. Well, that is all that has been going on with us. Maybe I'll have some cute pics to post later on this week.

1 comment: