The rest of the week has been just me and Brooklyn. It has been nice. Brooklyn has actually behaved really well. So it has been an enjoyable week. We have spent every day in the pool, and Brooklyn is doing really well. She is now just using her "swimmies" in bigger pools and I'm starting to let her go without the "swimmies" in our pool since she can walk around.
We went to a cookout Friday night (an early celebration of the 4th), and they had a pool that was about 4 ft deep. We let Brooklyn get in b/c there was an adult in the pool, and we just stood on the sides of the pool. She loved it. I was talking to one of the parents there, and I was asking if she gave any of her children swim lessons. She said that she gave her 1st two children swim lessons, but the others just learned on their own. She said that by looking at Brooklyn, she was already ahead of the game. She said that they would just teach her what she is already doing according to that particular age. So I'm not going to waste my money this summer. Maybe next summer, if the course is a little more advanced, and if she doesn't get the hang of it by then. It was so good to finally hear someone say that Brooklyn was "ahead". I'm so used to hearing people say that she is behind. (In my opinion, she is just a "late bloomer", just like her Daddy was.) She is just the way I want her to be, and I love her so much. Brooklyn has a mind of her own. She will do things when she feels like doing it. She has always been that way, and she will probably always be that way. She's perfect in our eyes....well, maybe not perfect, but extremely PRECIOUS!!!!!
For the fourth, Jeremy pressured washed the house, and I did various tasks that needed to be done. That evening we had some friends come over, and then we went and watched the fireworks downtown. Brooklyn loved them. She would say, "boom"! That was a red one or that was a green one!" I love doing things with her that she enjoys.
Hey, Beth! I didn't know you had a blog. Thanks for commenting on mine. I enjoyed reading all of the stories about your sweet Brooklyn. I know you and Jeremy enjoy her so much. Let's do try to get together sometime soon!
ReplyDelete