Sunday, June 7, 2009

Beaufort

We had a gift certificate to a Bed & Breakfast in Beaufort, NC. So we decided to use it this weekend to celebrate our Anniv. which was May 25. We left about 9:45 a.m. and returned yesterday around 4:00 p.m. A lady in our church, Tammy, who is very good to help us out with Brooklyn, and a good friend, kept Brooklyn for us on Friday. Her daughter, Emily, helped in the afternoon. Brooklyn loves Tammy and Emily. However, she has now associated the two that when we say, "Mrs. Tammy is coming over", she knows that we are about to leave. So to say the least, she wasn't very excited to see Mrs. Tammy come in the door. I was feeling really bad for leaving her, and Brooklyn was making it much worse. As we drove off, Jeremy said, "You know I wouldn't have minded bringing Brooklyn. I love her being with us all the time." I agreed, but we decided to go ahead and leave her. We kind of felt guilty going to the beach without her. It is one of her favorite things to do! I called Tammy about an hour later to tell her something, and she said that by the time we got to the end of the driveway, Brooklyn was dancing and singing to her DVD's. (That little stinker. She just wanted to make feel worse.) :) She had a great time though. They took her swimming twice, and then our pastor and his wife picked her up that evening. She spent the night with them, and they said she did great! I'm sure that she did b/c they gave her ice-cream sandwiches, mickey mouse pancakes, bacon, and KK donuts. All of Brooklyn's favorites. It was like going to Mimi and Poppa and Grammy and Poppie's house. She got basically anything she wanted. :)

Friday, Jeremy and I checked into the Bed & Breakfast. It was a "quaint" little place, and we liked it. We decided to go out to the beach since the sun was shining. (It had been cloudy and rainy all the way there.) As we were walking down the boardwalk, about to step off onto the sand, Jeremy hollered and grabbed my arm pulling me back as we watched a 4 ft. black snake sliver across the ground. We couldn't believe it! I would've never dreamed of seeing a snake on the beach! Whatever! It made our day exciting....that's for sure! Jeremy kept joking on me while were sitting out on the beach saying that the snake was coming. However, he moved pretty fast when he saw it as well. :) It was very relaxing just sitting there on the beach. I love to eat Garden Salsa Sun Chips and drink a sprite while I'm on the beach. I don't know why, but sun chips taste better on the beach. I know....Jeremy thinks I'm weird too! :) That night we went to a nice restaurant, that I had coupon for, and then walked around downtown Beaufort. I was hoping for some ice-cream downtown, but the ice-cream shopped had already closed. So we went to DQ. I haven't been there in forever, and I got a Peanut Butter, Butterfinger blizzard. It was soooo good! I've been thinking about it ever since--wishing that I had another one! Saturday was rainy so we just walked around and looked at some gift shops. We bought some really good peanut-butter fudge. Can you tell that I like peanut butter? I ate some more of it today. I could eat it all at one time, but I'm trying to make it last. :)

The pics are of Brooklyn in the pool today. She kept asking us after we got home from church if she could go swimming. So Jeremy took her out there for a little bit. She absolutely loves it. In fact, the only time that Tammy said that she whined was when she had to get her out of the pool. Tammy said, "I think she would stay in there all day."


2 comments: