This week has been very testing. Brooklyn has been so irritable and defiant. Monday, she was very irritable and disobedient. The last straw was when she used the bathroom on me while we were playing games on the computer together. Note, it was right after her bath as well. :) I don't know what is getting into her. I think it may be just payback for all of my meanness when I was little. I was very strong-willed and defiant at times. I'm just trying to be consistent and not lose my patience, which is extremely hard. Each day has gotten some better, but I really wish she would just act normal. :) Part of me wonders if she doesn't feel well and that is why she is so irritable. Who knows? I just know that I might need some extra prayer this week. :)
We did go get our haircuts yesterday, and it went well. The plan was for Jeremy to get his cut at 11:30, Brooklyn's at 12:00 and mine at 12:15. Jeremy would watch Brooklyn while I got mine cut. Well, Jeremy had to go to a funeral at 11:00 a.m. So he informed me the night before that I would need to go first. I was thinking to myself, "How in the world am I going to keep Brooklyn entertained while she cuts my hair?" I called my Mom before we left and asked her to pray. I'm serious. I was concerned. I was afraid that Brooklyn would throw a royal fit. God answered and she did great getting her hair cut. Then the stylist gave Brooklyn a sucker for being good, and she stood in front of me sucking that sucker the whole time while I got my hair cut.
Today we went for a swim at my good friend, Allison's house. My other good friend, Beth Barnhill brought her little girl, Julia, (Brooklyn's best friend) as well. We had a great time, but we had to hurry and get back b/c I needed to clean my house. My mother-in-law is coming to visit today. I'm glad she is getting to come. It is always good to be with family especially since all of ours lives so far away. I'm really thankful to be in Greenville though b/c Allison and Beth are two of my really good friends from college, and I feel blessed to be able to live close to them again. I love them dearly and they are truly like family to me.
Well, I'm sure my floors are probably dry now, which means I need to get back to cleaning. Yes, I did post a pic of Brooklyn on the potty, but doesn't she look cute? I was just so glad that she used the potty and didn't use it on me. :) She is normally really good about going to the potty. I think she just wanted to test my patience on Monday. :)
I can't imagine where that adorable little girl got a defiant streak?
ReplyDeleteHang in there! I'm laughing with you because my little angel is showing me a little attitude too and I'm too old for that:)
Love you guys,
Cool Momma