The past few days has been great pool weather! Yesterday was actually the first day that we were able to let Brooklyn get in the pool. Jeremy had put some chemicals in and thought it would be best if we wait. The water felt great and Brooklyn had a great time. I was babysitting a little girl from our church, Ana, and she loved it as well. They were so cute together. Brooklyn did really well with her swimmies. Last year, she wouldn't throw her legs up behind her, but she did yesterday. I was so proud of her. Today she didn't do it as well b/c she wanted to be in the ring float. I think she just wanted the ring float b/c that is what Ana used yesterday. Why are kids like that? We are born with a selfish nature, and it is evident at such an early age. They had a tug of war over the kick board yesterday, and I ended up just throwing it out of the pool. I said, "No one gets it now!" They both stopped crying immediately and started doing their own thing. I thought to myself, "Why didn't I do that earlier?" I tried letting them take turns, but neither wanted to do that. So that is when I decided to just throw it out. I really think parenting is one of the hardest things in life, but also one of the most rewarding and enjoyable.
Here is an enjoyable moment: We took Brooklyn to "Field Day" at her school today, and she had a blast! I could tell that Brooklyn was so glad that we were there, and it made me smile! She loved almost every activity that they had. I thought it was very organized and well planned. They had a lot of different "stations" that we would go to every 10-15 minutes. (Some seemed longer than others--basically when were standing in the sun.) Can you believe I forgot my camera? Just call me, "horrible Mom"! Anyways, here are some of the things that she did: Played Musical Instruments, Obstacle Course, Painting, Water Activities, Face Painting, Bubbles, Petting Zoo and Pony Rides! Her least favorite thing was probably the face painting, but after she got it on her face, she was excited. She chose a rainbow, and I will post a pic of her looking in the mirror at it when we got home. It was basically a smeared rainbow by the time we got home. :) After we got home, we ate lunch, and then went for a swim. I usually give her some goldfish while we sit on the steps and dry off. As we sat there, Brooklyn looked up at me and said, "Mommie, I loves you!" That makes my heart melt, and that is worth a million bucks to me! That is definitely an enjoyable moment. Now she is supposed to be taking a nap, and I thought for sure she would go right to sleep. However, she is still talking. I guess she had too much fun!!!
I hope Brooklyn finally went to sleep for you! Andrew did the same thing the other day. My dad set up a pool in their back yard. It's got a sliding board in the pool. My dad said he went up and down it probably 100 times! Anyway, I thought he would go right to sleep but NO! He was so keyed up that it took him about an hour to go to sleep. Maybe pool time is a good idea AFTER naptime!
ReplyDelete