So this is the second time I've taken Brooklyn yard sale shopping with me, and both times she has come home with something for free. Check out the big blue crayon she got on Saturday. The people insisted that she have it. I'm sure they were wanting to get rid of it, but they kept saying, "She is so cute!" Her looks are helping her out these days. :)
A musical note: Saturday afternoon we went to the church b/c Jeremy had to do a few last minute things. While he was there, I decided to practice my song that I was going to be singing on Sunday. Brooklyn was in there with me. During the middle of the song, I look down and she had gotten her own mic and was singing as loud as she could. I thought her blood vessels were going to pop out of her neck. It was so cute! After "we" finished practicing, Brooklyn and I went back to Jeremy's office to wait while he finished up some things on his computer. Brooklyn decided to play his keyboard in his office. She at first played and sang, "Jesus Loves Me". Then she took one finger, played a note and sang the exact tone of the note. Then she played the next note and sang the correct tone. She did that all the way up to middle "C". Jeremy stopped what he was doing looked at me, and both of us had our mouths dropped wide open. Then we started smiling. We were like, "Yeah, that's our little musician. She just sang part of the scale" :) Hope she always loves music and has an ear for it like she does now.
We had a really great service on Sunday. A young man, who I've been praying for, and many others have been praying for as well, walked the aisle Sunday morning, and gave his heart to Christ! It was such an awesome "Father's Day"! We were all rejoicing, but Jeremy reminded everyone before we sang our closing song that not only were we rejoicing, but everyone in heaven was rejoicing as well! What an awesome thought!
I knew she'd have a voice! 2 parents that have a voice? She'd have to get that too! You never know, she may be singing up front before you know it! :o)
ReplyDelete